Media Release - 25 May 2016
APCS SEASON OPENS THIS WEEKEND
The 2016 Australian Production Car Series kicks off at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit this weekend (May 27-28).
Qualifying for the APCS ‘Island Four Hour’ will be held on Friday afternoon following three practice sessions, before four hours of racing are held around the picturesque seaside Victorian venue on Saturday.
In the biggest entry list for national production car racing in some time, 22 cars and more than 45 drivers will tackle the opening round of what is a four-event season.
“With 22 cars for round one and even more waiting in the wings to hit the track with us at future rounds this year, I am very excited about how the APCS is growing and what lies ahead for us as a Series,” said APCS category manager Iain Sherrin.
Class battles will be the name of the game at Phillip Island this weekend, with strong competition lining up in each class (for a full entry list, please read on).
“A look at the entry list throws up a lot of great names and I can see some great battles unfolding – and we haven’t even turned a wheel in anger yet!” said Sherrin.
“From Series debutants to reigning class and outright champions, from established and well-known racers to 15 year old kids just starting out, we have it all in the APCS and I can’t wait to see it all unfold starting with this weekend.”
Round one of the Australian Production Car Series and all rounds of the 2016 season are being held as part of the Shannons Nationals.
For round one at Phillip Island, three practice sessions will be held on Friday May 27, at 9.35am, 11.25am and 1.15pm, ahead of a 30 minute qualifying session at 3.00pm. On Saturday May 28, a ten minute warm-up will be held at 10.40am, before The Island Four Hour kicks off at 1.00pm (all times local). The entire race will be live streamed for free on Saturday through thenationals.com.au.
For more on the APCS, please visit www.australianproductioncars.com.au, www.facebook.com/AustralianProductionCars or contact Iain Sherrin of Ontic Sports on 0422 449 446 or at email@example.com
2016 AUSTRALIAN PRODUCTION CAR SERIES, ROUND ONE ENTRY LIST
As of COB 23 May 2016
Drivers – Vehicle – Class
- Tony Alford and Stu Kostera – #54 Donut King Audi TT RS – Class A
- Beric Lynton and Aaron Seton – #23 Beric Lynton Prestige Automotive BMWM1 – Class A
- Mark Eddy and Dean Grant – #2 Network Clothing Audi TT RS – Class A
- Luke Searle and Paul Morris – #62 Roadchill Freight Express BMW M135i – Class A
- Grant and Iain Sherrin – #1 Sherrin Rentals BMW135i – Class B
- Michael Sherrin and David Ayres – #19 Sherrin Rentals BMW135i – Class B
- Steve Hodges and Rob Coulthard – #16 Hi-Tec Oils Holden VY CSV Monaro Mondo – Class B
- Colin Osborne and Rick Bates – #13 Osborne Motorsport Renault Megane R275 – Class C
- Bob Hughes and Adrian Mastronardo – #31 Osborne Motorsport Renault Megane R275 – Class C
- Francois Jouy and Franck Donniaux – #88 Dentbuster, Network Clothing, Gosford European Car Service Renault Megane R265 – Class C
- George Karadimas and Geoff Russell – #34 Karadimas Motorsport/Australian Auto Wreckers Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo – Class C
- Troy Williams and Rich Pham – #76 BlackArts Racing Holden VE Commodore – Class C
- Doug Westwood and Chad Parrish - #5 Falcon Fire Racing BMW E36M3 – Class C
- Grant Phillips and Andrew Turpie – #86 Pedders Motorsports Training Australia Racing Toyota 86 – Class D
- Carly Black and Barry Black – #97 Gosford European Car Services, The Web Design Renault Clio – Class D
- Declan Kirkham and Phil Kirkham – #85 Declan Kirkham Racing, Inertia Apparel Mazda MX6 – Class D
- Jason Walsh and Paul Currie – #9 Hurley Smash Repairs Racing Suzuki Swift – Class E
- Mitchell Naylor and Leigh Naylor – #11 Naylor Racing Suzuki Swift – Class E
- Scott Gore, Keith Bensley and Patrick Galang – #6 Future Assist Racing Suzuki Swift – Class E
- Michael Hopp and TBA – #55 Hare Motorsport, Declan Kirkham Racing, Inertia Apparel Mazda Eunos 30X – Class E
- Richard Luff, Katilyn Hawkins and Nik Kalis – #223 Suzuki Swift – Class E
- Liam Thompson and Ellexandra Best – #15 Lauren Gray Motorsport Toyota Echo – class E